Padi Igguthappa Temple
The Temple located in Kakkabe village, Virajpet Taluk in Kodagu district, is built by Linga Rajendra (king of Kodagu) in 1810, the temple sited on top of the hill within the green forest. Igguthappa temple became the crucial of worship in the period of King Linga Rajendra, Dewan Apparanda Bopu renovated himself the temple after Chikka Veerarajendra (son of Linga Rajendra) forced out by the British. The temple fitted and reconstructed by the government in 2008. The Silver Cladding for entrance door was provided by Apparanda Bopu support with other devotees. Special Poojas conducted in the temple in the event of local festivals like Puthari, Sankramana etc, and the temple is a prominent deity for Kodavas and other local ethnic groups.
The Temple situated in the village of Kakkabe, around 38 km from Madikeri Town, the curved road leading to the temple. it is difficult to get there for large vehicles better for Jeep, Car or two wheelers little distance should walk as it situated on the top of the hill.
- 34 kms from Madikeri town via Talakaveri Rd and SH 90
- 28 kms from Virajpet town via SH 90