Kushalnagar – Surrounded by Tourist Places
Elevation: 2,720 ft (1,061 m)
Area: 8 km2
Kushalnagar, a small Town (8 km2) located on the bank of the Kaveri River in Somwarpet Taluka in Coorg district. It is one of the active economic centers to local peoples and filled with accommodations such as lodgings and hotels for tourists. This town had a population of 26,487 as of 2011 census with density of 3,296.5/km2. This town situated at the altitude of 830 meters. The main spoken languages in Kushalnagar are Kannada, local language including Are Bhashe and Kodava Takk.
This town is just a town does not have any attractions within town visitors can find attractions around. From Kushalnagar, many tourists place reachable easily and could expect all facilities. To locate Kushalnagar go to Coorg Map.
Attractions Around Kushalnagar
- Kaveri Nisargadhama: It is around 25 km from Madikeri and just 2 km from Kushalnagar town, a beautiful riverside island carved by Kaveri River.
- Dubare Elephant Camp: Dubare is the reserve forest and elephant training camp located about 15 kms from Kushalnagar town.
- Harangi Dam: the notable dam located just 6 km from the town, an ideal place for Weekend Holiday.
- Tibetan Settlement: One of the largest settlements of Tibetan in India located in border of Mysore and just 3 km from Kushalnagar.
- Chiklihole Reservoir: This is small dam built for providing water for agriculture purpose for local formers has breathtaking surrounding around.
- Valnoor Fishing Camp: Located near to Dubare Elephant Camp, Famous Fishing Spot for locals.
Food and Accommodations to Stay
You can find many shops which sell spices, there are some hotels famous for tasty Veg and Non-veg dishes.
This town has a budget to luxury accommodations such as Hotels, Resorts, Homestays and Restaurants, some of them located around the town. We have detailed information on accommodation providers located in and around Kushalnagar town.
Weather slightly different compared to other parts of Coorg. it is hot in the summer and pleasant in winter, receives average rainfall in the rainy season.