Coorg, it is one of the top hill stations in India located in Karnataka State, it receives thousands of tourists daily and over a million annually. this page is created to list places to visit in Coorg filtered by Talukas (Subdivision of Coorg). Many tourist places listed here are accessible easily except some waterfalls and peaks, and some need to take permission from particular departments or administration. Here, the tourist places filtered by Taluka and Towns including Madikeri, Virajpet and Somwarpet. This list will show you all tourist interesting places in Coorg district,
Tourist Places in Madikeri Taluka
- Mandalpatti: A Grassland on the Chain of Peak, on the western ghat range.
- Abbey Falls: Famous Waterfall, single drop and wide, best to visit in monsoon.
- Bhagamandala: A place of Bhagandeshwara Temple and Pilgrimage place.
- Talakaveri: The origin of the river Kaveri, attractions such as brahmagiri peak, wind mill.
- Brahmagiri Wildlife Sanctuary: The reserved forest for the Animals and forest named after the brahmagiri peak.
- Chelavara Waterfalls: A waterfalls within Coffee plantation with cool climate.
Attractions in Madikeri Town:
- Raja Seat: On the top of the hill, best for enjoy scenery.
- Toy Train: Puttani Train for fun for both children and adult.
- Omkareshwara Temple: A Temple with unique architecture of Islamic and Gothic style.
- Madikeri Fort and Palace: Fort and Palace of Madikeri with inetresting history.
- Golf Ground: A Golf playing ground managed by the private Club.
- Gaddige: A Raja’s Tomb which built in 1820.
Tourist Places in Virajpet Taluka
- Thadiyandamol: The highest peak in Coorg District, and best for trekking.
- Padi Igguthappa Temple: Temple dedicated to Igguthappa God, special for Kodava people’s.
- Irupu waterfall: It is the beautiful waterfall with many drops, need to walk a kilomtre to get there.
- Nagarahole National Park: One of the notable national parks in India with highest number of Tigers and elephants.
- Nalknad Palace: A Palace of Coorg King, built in 1792, 2 kms from Napoklu town.
Attractions in Virajpet Town:
- St. Anne’s Church: one of the oldest Church built with unique strucuture and artchitect.
- Clock Tower: Built in the circle of road, it is old strucuture, and famous landmark.
Tourist Places in Somwarpet Taluka
- Kaveri Nisargadhama: A small island created naturally by Kaveri River has lots of entertainment option inside it.
- Tibetan Settlement: A Settlement of Tibetan, attractions are temples, monasteries and shopping.
- Valnoor Fishing Camp: A Fishing spot in the Kaveri River, one can see lots of fishes here.
- Harangi Dam: A Dam with beautiful garden, best for relaxation and peace.
- Dubare Elephant Camp: A Elephant training camp on the bank of Kaveri river with boating and rafting.
- Chiklihole Reservoir: A small reservoir within the reserved forest.
- Honnamana Kere: A small lake with interesting history with temple.
- Kotebetta Peak: third highest peak in Coorg, enjoy the scenery on the top of the peak
- Mallalli Falls: This is the tallest waterfalls located within green lush forest.
- Pushpagiri Peak: Second highest peak and best trekking route for adventurers.