Madikeri, also known as Misty town, cool and misty mountains range can be seen from this town as it located at 1,170 meters above sea level. Madikeri is the town and center of the Coorg district where business and political activities engaged, there are many attractions in the town and even many tourist places around the town. It is located a center of the district and can be visited easily to the tourist places from Madikeri town. There are several luxury hotels to stay, and resorts found around the town. Madikeri has considerable attraction within the town.
Tourist Places within Madikeri town
The tourists who visit Coorg, 90% of them visit Madikeri and keen to see every attraction within the town. Madikeri is the headquarter of the district and old town from king’s era, many tourist interest structures built in Raja’s period.
- Raja’s Seat: A Garden on the top of the peak, best scenery visible from here, a famous attraction in Madikeri.
- Madikeri Fort and Palace: An old structure, this fort was used by kings, and now home to government offices.
- Omkareshwara Temple: A temple belongs to God Shiva on the large space with large water tank from of it, the tank filled by Fishes which maintained by temple authority.
- Gaddige – Raja’s Tomb: A Tomb of king Lingarajendra, Rudrappa (A royal priest), a historical structure which built in Indo-scenic style, and is the visited by many tourists.
Tourist Places to Visit around Madikeri Town
- Mandalpatti: Located about 24 km from Madikeri through Abbey falls road, is the mountain range, awesome scenery visible here in summer, not good visibility in Rainy and winter season.
- Nalknad Palace: It was a refuge of Kings, now managed by the government of Karnataka, good tourist attraction who loves history.
- Igguthappa Temple: A famous temple of Kodava people, located within the beautiful surrounding, it is one of the major temples in Coorg district.
- Bhagamandala: Famous temple and Pilgrimage site, located about 35 km’s from Madikeri, is must visit places.
- Talakaveri: A temple located on highland within beautiful surroundings, You can see beautiful mountains ranges from Brahmagiri Peak (A peak adjacent to Talakaveri Temple).